Recruiting Men’s 1st Team Head Coach
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club Men’s 1XI Coach Vacancy
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club (“PWHC”) is Ireland’s largest hockey club with 6 men’s teams and 8 ladies’ teams, with both 1XIs competing in the top level of Irish hockey. PWHC has a thriving youth section with over 750 members, bringing our total membership to just under 1500. Joining us will mean you are part of a club with a long history competing at the top level in the Irish Hockey leagues, as well as represented Ireland in both Indoor and Outdoor European tournaments on many occasions.
PWHC is recruiting a qualified hockey coach for the men’s 1XI squad.
The successful candidate will be either a player-coach with a wealth of experience playing at the very top level or a dedicated coach, experienced in managing a high performance squad in a highly competitive environment.
Crucially, PWHC are interested in a coach who can match the club’s ambition to build a men’s 1XI squad that can once again compete at the top of Irish hockey and, in time, at European level. PWHC is keen to provide a platform to our players so that they can fulfil their potential and the men’s 1XI coach will play an integral part of that process.
● Tactical and Technical development of the 1XI
● Running a structured pre season programme to ensure the team are prepared physically and technically for the season
● Planning and running twice weekly evening training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday)
● Managing all games within a supported structure (both Saturday and Sunday fixtures)
● Player development, retention and recruitment are key focus points for the club
● Management of elite players including giving 1 on 1 feedback where necessary
● Overseeing squad physio, physical preparation outside of dedicated training times and video analysis
● Manage the player pathway for upcoming junior talent into the high performance structure
● If not already fully qualified, obtain required coaching qualifications
● Holds at least a Level 1 or higher coaching qualification and working towards level 2.
● 2+ years of experience coaching at EYHL or international equivalent
● Holds Level 2 or higher qualification
● A track record of success at elite level of hockey
● Demonstrated the ability to work within a broader coaching structure to develop players and teams within a club environment
● Can work as lead coach and as part of a team
● Excellent attention to detail with high standards for self, team, players, and coaches
● Excellent organisational and communication skills.
Pay will be competitive, linked to coaching qualifications and previous experience. You will be contracted to the Club on a self-employed basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Kristian.Mansfield@pembrokewanderers.ie and include a covering letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates. Applicants need to already have a visa/right to work in Ireland
If you’ve played on our front pitch in Serpentine Avenue, you’ll know that little, tiny green parts…
We are very excited to announce 📣 Wanderers 7s – Hockey Festival! 21st -23rd June 2024. ☀️…
Junior Head Coach Announcement After a recent competitive process, Pembroke Wanderers Juniors is happy to announce…