Recruiting Men’s 1st Team Head Coach
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club Men’s 1XI Coach Vacancy
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club (“PWHC”) is Ireland’s largest hockey club with 6 men’s teams and 8 ladies’ teams, with both 1XIs competing in the top level of Irish hockey. PWHC has a thriving youth section with over 750 members, bringing our total membership to just under 1500. Joining us will mean you are part of a club with a long history competing at the top level in the Irish Hockey leagues, as well as represented Ireland in both Indoor and Outdoor European tournaments on many occasions.
PWHC is recruiting a qualified hockey coach for the men’s 1XI squad.
The successful candidate will be either a player-coach with a wealth of experience playing at the very top level or a dedicated coach, experienced in managing a high performance squad in a highly competitive environment.
Crucially, PWHC are interested in a coach who can match the club’s ambition to build a men’s 1XI squad that can once again compete at the top of Irish hockey and, in time, at European level. PWHC is keen to provide a platform to our players so that they can fulfil their potential and the men’s 1XI coach will play an integral part of that process.
● Tactical and Technical development of the 1XI
● Running a structured pre season programme to ensure the team are prepared physically and technically for the season
● Planning and running twice weekly evening training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday)
● Managing all games within a supported structure (both Saturday and Sunday fixtures)
● Player development, retention and recruitment are key focus points for the club
● Management of elite players including giving 1 on 1 feedback where necessary
● Overseeing squad physio, physical preparation outside of dedicated training times and video analysis
● Manage the player pathway for upcoming junior talent into the high performance structure
● If not already fully qualified, obtain required coaching qualifications
● Holds at least a Level 1 or higher coaching qualification and working towards level 2.
● 2+ years of experience coaching at EYHL or international equivalent
● Holds Level 2 or higher qualification
● A track record of success at elite level of hockey
● Demonstrated the ability to work within a broader coaching structure to develop players and teams within a club environment
● Can work as lead coach and as part of a team
● Excellent attention to detail with high standards for self, team, players, and coaches
● Excellent organisational and communication skills.
Pay will be competitive, linked to coaching qualifications and previous experience. You will be contracted to the Club on a self-employed basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Kristian.Mansfield@pembrokewanderers.ie and include a covering letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates. Applicants need to already have a visa/right to work in Ireland
With the new season around the corner for our EYHL and Division 2 teams training has resumed prior…
Pembroke Wanderers are delight to announce the appointment of Nigel Henderson “Nidge” to our Coaching staff this…
After an extensive process, we are extremely excited to announce the appointment of Natalie Fulton as the…