Recruiting Men’s 1XI Head Coach
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club Men’s 1XI Coach / Player-Coach
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club (“PWHC”) is Ireland’s largest hockey club with 6 mens teams and
8 ladies teams. PWHC has a thriving youth section with over 750 members, bringing our total
membership to just under 1150. Joining us will mean you are part of a club with a long history
competing at the top level in the Irish Hockey leagues, as well as representing Ireland in both Indoor
and Outdoor European tournaments on many occasions.
We are recruiting a qualified hockey coach or player-coach for our Men’s 1st XI for the seasons ahead.
The successful candidate will be either a player-coach with a wealth of experience playing at the very
top level or a dedicated coach, experienced in managing a high performance squad in a highly
Crucially, PWHC are interested in a coach who can match the club’s ambition to continue building a
men’s 1XI squad that can compete in both provincial and national competitions. PWHC is keen to
provide a platform to our players so that they can fulfil their potential and the men’s 1XI coach will play
an integral part of that process.
● Tactical and Technical development of the 1XI
● Running a structured pre season programme to ensure the team are prepared physically and
technically for the season
● Planning and running twice weekly evening training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday)
● Managing all games within a supported structure (both Saturday and Sunday fixtures)
● Player development, retention and recruitment are key focus points for the club
● Management of elite players including giving 1 on 1 feedback where necessary
● Overseeing squad physio, physical preparation outside of dedicated training times and video analysis
● Manage the player pathway for upcoming junior talent into the high performance structure
● If not already fully qualified, obtain required coaching qualifications
● Holds at least a Level 1 or higher coaching qualification and working towards level 2.
● Holds Level 2 or higher qualification
● Currently playing at the top level and can contribute on and off the field to the team’s success
● A track record of success at elite level of hockey
● Demonstrated the ability to work within a broader coaching structure to develop players and teams within a club environment
● Can work as lead coach and as part of a team
● Excellent attention to detail with high standards for self, team, players, and coaches
● Excellent organisational and communication skills.
Pay will be competitive and linked to coaching qualifications and previous experience. You will be
contracted to the Club on a self-employed basis.
How to Apply
Application: Please contact Patrick.email@example.com and include a covering letter
and CV. We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates.
Junior Head Coach Announcement After a recent competitive process, Pembroke Wanderers Juniors is happy to announce…
On behalf of Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club, I am proud to announce that Kristian Mansfield will be…
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club is delighted to announce limited additional spaces now available in our U10 section…