Cocktail night goes off with extra bang this year
With the Men’s 1sts (IHL win in ‘Garvey), Ladies 2nds (League champs), Ladies 4ths (promoted!) and Ladies 5ths (promoted!) all grabbing BIG wins last week, the Ladies 1sts annual cocktail night proved the perfect backdrop to some serious celebrating on Saturday night in the Club. Details are still sketchy (Ladies 1sts still under PR blackout ahead of tonight’s UCD game) but some details and a few photos have emerged.
- A near riot broke out when Garry Ringwood (yes, Jilly’s BF and Rovers man) won the top prize – a signed Irish rugby jersey. Ernst & Junge are currently investigating.
- Equally as dodgy, Ladies 1sts coach Keith Crawford won a Meaghers pharmacy hamper of moisturising products which he promised he would ‘not re-gift’ but use personally.
- Jane Brownlee won the Keith Barry tickets – but promptly lost them on the dancefloor during a late Rhianna number. If you have them, please contact Jane asap.
- Alison Pigot won the Flying lesson but bizarrely swapped it for a 20cl bottle of Smirnoff which was swiftly commandeered by the Ladies 5ths.
- Other alleged prizes included Kodaline & Dave McSavage tickets, which we assume someone won and remembered to take home.
Until Next year…
In the meantime, you can catch our wonderful Ladies 1sts in action on the pitch tonight – 8pm home to UCD (recently crowned Leinster Champs) -we can’t think of a better way to blow off the cobwebs – good luck girls!
In memory of Jeanne Thorpe
Jeanne Thorpe (née Cullen) 1949-2022 “If you want a job done ask a busy person”. Jeanne was…
Recruiting Junior Section Head Coach
Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club is celebrating its centenary this season and we have big plans to modernise…
Centenary Gala Ball
Tickets are Available at – https://www.citizenticket.co.uk/events/pembroke-wanderers-hockey-club/centenary-gala-ball/